The Information We Collect
The type of personally identifiable information that ICSC collects includes: name, address, e-mail address, corporate affiliation or other biographical information, photograph, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, and may also include information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services.
The Web Site also allows you to submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's mailing and e-mail address to enroll them in an ICSC event, or if you order publications online and want them sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient's name and address. In addition, when ICSC members forward ICSC event invitations to third parties, we may collect certain personally identifiable information from those third parties, such as their email address.
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit the Web Site, such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
How We Use the Information
ICSC may use the information you provide about yourself for the following purposes:
- We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, and to offer you other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you. We also may use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when we make changes to our subscriber agreements, to fulfill an online order for ICSC products, or to contact you about issues regarding your membership.
- We may include your name, title, corporate affiliation, biography information and photograph as provided to ICSC in connection with any ICSC event attendance lists or other business purposes of ICS.
- We use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them the relevant information which you have requested for them. From time to time, we also may use this information to offer our products, programs, or services to them.
- The information we collect in connection with our online discussion forums is used to facilitate participation in the forums and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services.
- If you choose to submit User Content for publication, we may publish your name and other information you have provided to us.
- We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our products, programs and services and to enable us to provide a more tailored interface for individual Users.
- We may disclose any User's personally identifiable information in response to a law enforcement agency's request or legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- On occasion, ICSC may disclose non-financial personally identifiable information of Users who are U.S. residents to companies whose practices are not covered by this privacy notice (e.g., marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases, and non-profit organizations) that want to market products or services to you. Any User wishing to opt-out of the distribution of their personally identifiable information can email a request to the ICSC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line: “PII Opt-Out.”
ICSC will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above.
Employees, agents and contractors of ICSC who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for ICSC. ICSC members and non-members who have access to personally identifiable information of members and other individuals through the use of the ICSC website are also required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice, and are required to use such information strictly for business related purposes.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice or as otherwise permitted by law. Please see section 5 of the Terms & Conditions.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
The Web Site may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different from ours. Users should consult the other sites' privacy notices as ICSC has no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
The ICSC sites covered by this Privacy Notice sometimes may offer content which is co-branded with third parties (the "Co-Branded Content"). By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to use the Co-Branded Content. ICSC has no control over third party use of this information.
To enhance your experience with our site, many of our web pages use "cookies." Cookies are text files we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one of our sites. However, once you choose to furnish the site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
At this time, we do not honor “do-not-track” signals from a web site browser. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer, or change browsers. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
Our Commitment to Security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
Effective Date and Amendments
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or its implementation you may contact us at email@example.com.