Polish Council of Shopping Centers (P.R.C.H.)
About the Association
The Polish Council of Shopping Centres, est. in 2003, is a not-for-profit association that represents more than 200 businesses operating on the commercial real estate market in Poland. We are the Polish national partner of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and European Property Fedaration (EPF). The main areas of activities are: education, research, networking, advocacy.
What the Association Does
The objectives of the Polish Council of Shopping Centres are the protection of the legitimate interests and rights of the owners, retailers, promoters and managers of commercial developments designated as Shopping Centres, as well as enhancing their standing, the legal and strict definition of this type of integrated commercial complex.
PRCH mission is to support the development of businesses and professionals operating and working in Poland's commercial property market and to promote a positive image of shopping centres and shopping streets. PRCH is the organizer of annual Retail Awards programme and ReDI, CEE Trade Fair for Retail Investment in Warsaw. The fair is an annual European meeting place for representatives of towns and cities, property developers and retail chains that have a development strategy for the region of Central and Eastern Europe.
PRCH members own and manage retail property assets of over 7 million sqm GLA. Association represents more than 200 businesses operating on the commercial real estate market: land owners, shopping centre management companies, developers, retailers, architects, financial institutions, service providers and many other companies involved in retail real estate activities of Poland.
The Association Work
- PRCH Thematic Clubs - this educational programme provides a broad-base, practical introduction to main concepts and approaches of real estate, combined with practical insights, rounded off by four core topics: Marketing, Asset Management, Retailers and Legal.
- PRCH Academy based on educational cooperation with industry professionals; this programme is an educational program serving the retail real estate and shopping center industry. Courses are designed to transfer practical knowledge and usable information in three modules: Leasing/Development; Marketing/PR and Property/Facility Management.
- Poland Study Tour - a half-day study tour to shopping centers located in Warsaw; the aim of the study tour is to offer its participants a unique in-depth experience of Polish retail market through an interesting programme of visit to 3 major Polish centers located in Warsaw.
- Conferences & Presentations.
2) Market Research
- Online catalogue of shopping centres and retailers developed by PRCH- a database updated twice a year. It contains over 480 shopping facilities and the most important data on shopping centres and streets in Poland. It is an excellent tool for lease, development and marketing departments.
- The association publishes every month a PRCH Turnover Index, one of the first syndicated research studies of its type in Poland and one of the few in Europe. The research has been conducted as a part of the PRCH Database project since 2008. It shows the performance indicators in selected shopping centres in Poland. The index shows the average net turnover in Polish PLN per one square meter of leased space for the group of over 90 shopping centres which are examined.
- Twice a year PRCH Retail Research Forum report on retail space in Poland prepared and published twice a year. This report gathers all information on the supply of modern retail space, market saturation and area of leased space in shopping centres on the national market and on 15 local markets. It also provides information on trends regarding the purchasing power and the most popular brands in the shopping centres examined in the study.
3) Awards programme and networking
- The association organizes annual PRCH Retail Awards, the most prestigious awards programme for the shopping centre and retail chains market in Poland. PRCH Retail Awards Gala is the finale of contest.
- Retail Party/Business Mixer networking events organized twice a year for companies cooperating with PRCH.
4) Advocacy and Public Relations
- Representing the industry and its members with up to date information on retail real estate in Poland in order to support their business ventures, to promote the image of the sector.
5) ReDI 2017 CEE Trade Fair, June 7-8 Warsaw
The 4th edition of the ReDI Trade Fair will be held on 7-8 June 2017 at the PGE Narodowy in Warsaw. ReDI, CEE Trade Fair for Retail Investment, is an European meeting place for representatives of towns and cities, property developers and retail chains that have a development strategy for the region of Central and Eastern Europe.
All previous ReDI editions were already attended by over 1400 decision-makers from the retail real estate industry each. In 2016 ReDI gathered over 350 representatives of retail chains and over 50 exhibitors, who presented more than 150 shopping centres projects from Poland and CEE countries.
ReDI is organized by the Polish Council of Shopping Centres (PRCH).