Director - Asset Management
Responsibilities & Requirements (include, but are not limited to): The Director of Asset Management coordinates and oversees operational, financial and reporting obligations, as directed, for certain of ShopCore’s investments, with a particular focus on mixed-use projects including retail and residential portions. The Director of Asset Management also supports ShopCore’s transactions and management teams, as necessary.
1. Coordinate activities among the Company’s management, operations, transactional, legal, finance and accounting teams to develop and execute property-level and portfolio strategies
2. Maintain ARGUS and other financial and operational models
3. Assume material role in communicating and coordinating with the Company’s equity sponsor.
4. Assume material role in research, analysis, developing and implementing asset-level strategic plans to drive value creation, including hold/sell analysis
5. Engage and direct property managers in development of operating budgets including capital and leasing plans; oversee property level operating activities
6. Monitor/track construction progress, budget, and cost over runs, along with approving any changing orders and construction draws
7. Oversee and direct valuations and cash flow forecasts
8. Review of financial reports to monitor performance and achieve investment objectives
9. Prepare periodic and ad hoc reporting for internal and external clients
10. Assist in economic underwriting and due diligence for acquisitions and transition of acquisitions to asset management.
11. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
1. Minimum 5+ years of commercial or investment real estate experience with 3+ years of Asset Management experience
2. Retail and multi-family/residential experience preferred
3. BA/BS degree required
4. Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with external and internal clients
5. Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
6. Ability to work well with others; high level of energy, dedication and passion for the business
7. Success in multi-tasking while maintaining a strong attention to detail and desire to perform projects and actions with the highest quality results
8. Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing deadlines
9. Maintaining personal skills and establishing relationships in order to advance professional networks and facilitate communication both within and outside the company
10. Strong written and oral communication skills
11. High degree of integrity
12. Proven ability to expand areas of knowledge and learn new skills as circumstances require
13. Network of existing relationships/contacts within the retail and multi-family/residential fields including other owners, developers, leasing agents, and investment sales brokers a plus
14. Willingness to travel
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including medical, HSA, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid PTO and holidays.
If you want to join a dynamic team that believes integrity is the bedrock of business and stresses that our most valuable assets are our employees; then attach your resume, list of certifications, salary history, and a well written cover letter indicating why you are the best candidate for this position.
*Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
About ShopCore Properties
We aspire to be the preeminent owner and operator of community, power and grocery-anchored shopping centers throughout the country. We own over 18 million square feet of retail space, with properties concentrated in densely populated sub-markets and anchored by best-in-class retailers.
We foster a proactive, collaborative culture throughout our organization and a spirit of partnership with the communities in which we operate. We are an affiliate of The Blackstone Group, one of the largest real estate owners and managers in the world, providing significant financial strength and long-term stability.
Due to our continued expansion, we have an immediate opening for an energetic, conscientious and detail oriented Director of Asset Management who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team, and takes pride in their career.
Posted: May 19, 2017
Travel Required: Yes
Job Responsibility: Leasing/Real Estate, Property Management
Business Responsibility: Leasing/Real Estate
Job Category: Director
Experience Required: 5+ years of commercial or investment real estate experience with 3+ years of Asset Management experience