William S. Taubman Biography
William S. Taubman
Chief Operating Officer
Taubman Centers, Inc.
William S. Taubman is chief operating officer of Taubman Centers, Inc. He is responsible for development, acquisitions, operations and leasing. Mr. Taubman also serves as a director of the company.
Mr. Taubman joined the company in 1986 from Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. in New York, where he was a financial analyst specializing in mergers and acquisitions. He is a graduate of Brown University where he received a bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies, Philosophy and Russian Studies. He also holds a master’s degree in Philosophy from Corpus Christi College of Cambridge University, Cambridge, England.
Mr. Taubman is a member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT). He is Chairman of New Detroit, an organization dedicated to improving race relations in the Detroit metropolitan area, serves on the board of Governors for the Museum of Arts & Design in New York, and is past Chairman of International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
Taubman Centers (NYSE: TCO), a real estate investment trust, owns, develops and operates regional shopping centers nationally. Taubman Centers is headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.
- Julia Calabrese, Chief Executive Officer, McArthurGlen
- Lim Beng Chee, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, CapitaMalls Asia Limited
- Christophe Cuvillier, CEO & Chairman of the Management Board, Unibail-Rodamco
- Alexander Otto, Chair of the ICSC European Advisory Board, Chief Executive Officer, ECE Projektmanagement
- Greg Clark, Conference Facilitator